Celebrating and giving thanks to the good earth, our farmers and the cycle of the seasons
The next annual Autumn Harvest Festival will take place on Saturday 31 March 2012 at CERES Community Environment Park.
Across our ten acre site there will be a range of activities and events that celebrate our community, our environment and our sustainable food systems.
CERES will also host a Harvest Festival Market, proving local people and businesses with an affordable, ethical and friendly way of promoting their produce and products within the village atmosphere of CERES.
Would you like to take part?
We are looking for stall holders who are:
- Businesses who support or work within sustainable food systems in Australia
- Groups or businesses who work more broadly within the values of community, environment and sustainability
- Local artisans who produce handmade goods
- Second-hand sellers
- Other not-for-profit community organisations.
We ask that fresh fruit and vegetables are not sold on individual stalls and are instead sold through our existing organic market and Meet-the-Farmer circle.
If you are interested in taking part in the Meet-the-Farmer circle, please contact Market Manager Kate Anderson on 9389 0123 or email@example.com.
Why you should get involved?
A stall at the CERES 2012 Autumn Harvest Festival provides an excellent opportunity to reach the CERES community. We’re anticipating our biggest turn-out ever this year, with the whole site being used for this event. We will be promoting and advertising the festival in the media, online and directly to CERES members and supporters. The entire CERES site will be open to the public with free entry and some of the features of the day we will be promoting include:
- Free live music
- Multicultural food stalls and tastings
- Large farmers’ market and meet-the-farmer events
- Green technology demonstrations
- Artists market
- Free talks and demonstrations on food production and cooking, preserving, plant propagation and a range of other environmental topics.
- Kids’ activities
- Harvest banquet with special guest Matthew Evans, the host of Gourmet Farmer on SBS.
For more information about pricing, terms & conditions, please download this pdf: Autumn_Harvest-Festival_stallholder_callout_2012
Or visit the main ceres.org.au website.