CERES Fair Food Delivery Driver
Background to CERES
CERES is an environmental community organisation in East Brunswick. It is located on 4 hectares of land on the banks of the Merri Creek and has become an icon of locally based education and action on environmental and social-justice issues.
Projects encompassed within CERES include local and community projects (e.g., Community Gardens and Chook Group, Bicycle Users Group), educational programs for schools ( both environmental and cultural ), accredited training and work-experience programs, non-profit income generating programs (café, nursery and the market), recreational activities and courses for adults and children, celebratory festivals ( including the Kingfisher Festival, Harvest Festival) and a volunteer program.
Background to and Aim of the Position
CERES Fair Food is an exciting project initiated by CERES which is aiming to build a more resilient food supply system. The service has a number of key objectives, to…
- Reduce the food miles associated with food shopping
- Build a more locally based, self-reliant food economy
- Work with and support local growers who use sustainable farming methods
- Give city workers easy access to healthy, organic, inexpensive food
We are now looking for a reliable, punctual part-time driver who has a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and outlook. You will have previous driving experience in Melbourne, preferably in a role which is time critical, so you will need to be able to think on your feet and have a certain amount of flexibility. This role also requires someone with a friendly disposition as there will be some customer contact and it’s important that you able to develop and sustain relationships.
In return we offer a fun, laid-back & supportive environment in which to work. You will be playing a key part in an exciting, dynamic and completely ethical organisation that is a force for social change.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport fresh produce from warehouse to various locations across Melbourne
- Lift and carry boxes containing quantities of fresh produce and other dried goods
- Collect bulk fresh produce from growers & wholesale markets
- Deliver packed fresh produce to customers
- Pack and deliver fruit to corporate customers
- Drive delivery truck and/or van in accordance with road rules
- Attend and contribute to weekly operations meetings
- Help out with general packing jobs when required
- Be the ‘face’ of CERES Fair Food
- Additional tasks as directed by leading hand, delivery coordinator
- Current Victorian Drivers License
- Forklift Licence preferable
- Reliable and punctual
- Fit and healthy
- Excellent people/communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and work through problems in a calm manner
- Some basic computer skills
- Enthusiastic and a team player
- Good knowledge of Melbourne and its suburbs
- Must be available for some early starts
- Strong attention to detail with a systematic approach
- Capacity to work independently, self motivated
- Basic literacy and numeracy
- Ability to read maps and use Melways
- Basic verbal English language skills
- Interest in fresh produce industry and sustainable agriculture
- Interest in environmental and social justice issues would be great
- Experience and commitment to customer service
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Organized, efficient and presentable
Conditions Of Employment
- This is a casual position with the potential of becoming permanent part time . Weekly working hours will be between 12 and 21 hours per week.
- Wage level is Grade 3 of the MA000038 Road Transport and Distribution Award 2010.
- $21.40per hour.
- This position sits within the Farm & Market Team, reporting to the Food Host Manager and is ultimately accountable to the CERES Management Committee.
- Other conditions are described in the CERES Work Agreement and CERES Human Resource Policy.
To Apply For This Postion
Submit an application including details of:
- Your Response to the Selection Criteria
- Previous work experience
- Indication of involvement and/or commitment to environmental and social justice issues
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three Referees
Please forward applications to:
Jesse Hull – CERES Fair Food
6/198 Beavers Road
Northcote, Vic, 3070
Applications close Tuesday April 17 at 5pm.