- absolutely love helping people fix problems?
- want to be in the local food business?
- work for an environmental organisation that is absolutely ethical but doesn’t take itself too seriously?
… This could be your job
CERES is an environmental community organisation in East Brunswick. Located on a rehabilitated quarry/tip site on the banks of the Merri Creek, CERES has become an icon of locally based education and action on environmental and social-justice issues. Projects encompassed within CERES include environmental & cultural education for schools, accredited training and work-experience programs, recreational activities, courses for adults and children and a thriving volunteer program. CERES is largely self-funded via a group of social enterprises including a café, nursery, organic market and a room hire & catering service. CERES is also home to several affiliated projects such as a large community garden, a chook group, the Bikeshed and a LETS Group. CERES celebrates each year through its Kingfisher & Harvest Festivals. CERES turned 30 in 2012; it employs over 180 people and has hosted over 1,000,000 student visits through its education programs. www.ceres.org.au
Based across the Merri Creek from CERES in the Northcote Business Park, Fair Food is an exciting new web-based organic home delivery service. The service has a number of key objectives:
- Helping build a locally based, self-reliant food economy.
- Supporting local Victorian organic growers.
- Employing people from disadvantaged communities – e.g. asylum seekers.
- Providing Fair Food customers a great organic food delivery service.
- Returning profits to CERES so can we keep on inspiring and educating our community.
Fair Food offers a fun, laid-back & supportive environment in which to work. You will be playing a key part in the development phase of an exciting, dynamic and ethical organisation that is a force for social change. www.ceresfairfood.org.au
Fair Food is looking for somebody who loves Customer Service – a person who really gets a kick out of helping people solve problems. Our aim is that when members come to us with a problem they leave feeling absolutely looked after.
To do this job you’ll need to have had previous experience in Customer Service & Administration, can work well in a team environment, are comfortable working with e-commerce technology and also be able to operate independently.
Submit an application by email including:
- A cover letter including your response to the Selection Criteria
- Curriculum Vitae including three referees
Applications close 9am Wed June 27, 2012.
Start date for this position is July 16th, 2012.