Ingredients8-12 medium sized button mushrooms 1 clove of garlic 5-6 sprigs of thyme 1/2 tablespoon of unsalted butter/oil 1/2 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- Remove the hard bottoms of the mushroom stalks and dry brush or wipe the caps to remove any dirt from the surface. Peel and chop your garlic clove into 3-4 pieces.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and resist the temptation to add oil or butter to the pan, we need a hot dry surface for this recipe.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and whole thyme sprigs to the pan and cook, shaking the pan every now and then to get the mushrooms moving about, for 6-8 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to release moisture and are soft to touch.
- Add butter and season with a pinch of salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Shake the pan to get a good coating of butter on all of the mushrooms and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed. Add balsamic and cook for a further minute or so, until balsamic becomes a thick glaze coating the mushrooms.
- Remove thyme sprigs and garlic pieces before serving.
You can order organic mushrooms when in season, along with many other groceries from our webstore.