2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 chopped leek
1 chopped brown onion
1-2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
3 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
1-2 chopped cauliflower
2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
Crumbled blue cheese to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the leek and onions, adding the crushed garlic afterwards to avoid it burning and getting bitter.
- Add the cauliflower and stock. Simmer for up to 15 minutes or until the cauli is tender.
- Puree until smooth, adding half the tarragon to flavour as you blend the soup.
- Serve with crumbled blue cheese and tarragon on top.
- The cheese will partially melt, giving a wonderfully creamy yet piquant edge to an otherwise subtle and slightly sweet dish.