Olive oil for roasting
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 bag of corn chips (GF)
200g Cheddar Cheese
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 brown onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 ripe avocado, mashed
Juice 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
An easy Cauliflower Nachos recipe, great for the kids, fast to make and tasty to eat.
- Make your salsa first, or even the night before if you can. Combine diced tomatoes, chilli, onions, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper to taste. If you like your salsa hot, add more chilli. Set aside in the fridge while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C. Cut your cauliflower into bite-sized florets, and then throw into a non-stick baking tray, toss with olive oil, cumin seeds, salt and pepper and lay out evenly. Roast for 20-30 mins, until cauliflower is tender but has little crunchy bits.
- To make the guacamole, mash the ripe avocado and combine with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Grate cheddar to cover the amount of corn chips you would like to serve.
- On a heatproof baking plate or tray, evenly spread the corn chips out, then sprinkle the roasted cauliflower, cover with a layer of cheese, and then dollop some salsa around the plate.
- Pop the plate into the oven, under the grill, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve to share with a big serve of guacamole and any leftover salsa.