- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium broccoli heads, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp flour, sifted
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- extra grated tasty cheese, to serve
- In a large pot, melt butter over a medium heat, add onion and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is clear.
- Add broccoli, vegetable stock, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is cooked. Remove from heat and give a rough blend.
- In a small separate bowl mix flour with two tablespoons of water until smooth. Slowly whisk into soup.
- Add cheese and cream cheese, whisking until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Serve topped with extra grated cheese.
Hints and Tips
For an extra vibrant and healthy soup add handfuls of fresh baby spinach and/or peas during the last few minutes of cooking time.