600g Red kidney beans
1 Tbs Olive oil
2 Cups Chopped Leeks
1 ½ Cups thinly sliced mushrooms
1 Tbs chopped dill
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ Cup dry white cooking wine
4 large eggs
½ Cup grated cheese
¼ Cup bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 180⁰C.
2. Wash and pat dry the red kidney beans. Place the beans on baking paper and squish with a rolling pin or the back of a large spoon.
3. Line an 8-inch baking tray with the baking paper, pressing the bean mash into the bottom and sides of the dish. Place the beans into the oven to dry out a little before adding the egg filling.
4. In a saucepan heat the oil and sauté leeks, mushrooms, dill & mustard until tender. Remove from heat to cool slightly.
5. In a mixing bowl beat the eggs, then add wine, breadcrumbs, most of the cheese and veggies. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the bean base and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until set.
I read about your sweet potato leaevs turning yellow. Maybe it’s just the vine getting old. I know my parents will clear the sweet potato patch after sometime and start all over again when disease set in. If the problem persists, you might want to cut them down (leave the main stems alone) and let them grow new shoots.