2 cloves garlic
4 bay leaves
1 handful fresh thyme
1.5L stock (vegetable or chicken)
1kg peas (frozen are okay)
Big bunch of fresh parsley, mint and spinach
Garnish with freshly cooked peas, fresh mint/thyme and/or cream
- Sauté 3 leeks with 2 cloves garlic until soft. Add 4 bay leaves and a handful of fresh thyme. Cover with 1.5 litres of stock, and simmer for half an hour.
- Add 1kg peas (frozen works), a big bunch of fresh parsley, mint and spinach, and cook only for 5 mins. Let cool for a while.
- Blitz soup in a food processor and then pass through sieve. (Keep the pulp for other recipes)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve mint and pea soup with some freshly cooked peas floating, fresh mint/thyme and fresh cream (optional).