1 cup polenta
100g butter, oil and/or coconut butter
2-3 Tbsp orange zest
1 tsp orange blossom water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup almond meal (or plain flour)
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
Gluten free polenta and orange biscuits make for a deliciously fragrant springtime afternoon tea.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl or in a food processor, combine all the ingredients, leaving the eggs until last.
- Refrigerate for about 10 mins to solidify a little.
- On a non-stick baking tray, using a tablespoon and your palms, make balls out of the dough.
- On the baking tray, flatten them out a little with a fork to make them into a biscuit shape and also to give them a nice imprint.
- Space the biscuits 2 cm apart and bake for 25 mins or until browned.