4 small zucchinis, sliced into strips
2 generous pinches of sea salt
Juice of 1 lemon
100ml extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp flat-leafed parsley, finely chopped
1 cup torn basil leaves
1 tomato, quartered
100g Meredith chevre
5 raw organic almonds
Freshly ground black pepper
A simple yet delicious raw zucchini salad adapted from a recipe by Pope Joan Chef, Matt Wilkinson.
- Wash your zucchinis and thinly slice them into ribbons, then into strips.
- Place in a colander or bowl, mix with salt and let stand for a couple minutes. Zucchinis release a great deal of water, so once they sweat it out, rinse the salt off and pat dry with paper towels.
- Alternatively, dry them off with a clean tea towel, giving them a gentle squeeze.
- Place in a large bowl and mix with olive oil and lemon juice, and leave to marinate for another couple minutes. Carefully pour off any excess liquid that comes out.
- Mix through the herbs and tomato. Transfer to serving plate, crumble goat’s cheese and finely grate the almonds on top. Finish with a healthy sprinkle of freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!