1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
1/2 lemon, cut into 3 wedges
3 large cloves of garlic, skin & smashed with the side of your knife
2 bay leaves (dried or fresh)
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp tomato puree or Passata
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C/390 F. Cut the potatoes into large wedges, place into a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Season with salt and bring to the boil. Boil for 1 minute, then drain well.
- Transfer potatoes to a large roasting tray along with the onion, lemon, garlic and bay leaves.
- In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients with 3 tablespoons of water and pour evenly over the potatoes.
- Mix everything well, making sure that every chip is well coated.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, turning a few times during the cooking with a metal fish slice, until the potatoes are crisp on the outside, tender in the middle and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve hot as is, or with a side of thick Greek yoghurt or sour cream.
You can order organic potatoes when in season, along with many other groceries from our webstore.