- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 ½ cups water
- splash of cooking oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- large handful of baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
- Rinse quinoa and place in a medium sized pot with water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 -20 minutes or until water has been completely absorbed and the germ ring has separated from seed.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok, add leek and garlic and stir fry over a medium heat for a few minutes until the leeks begin to soften and brown. Add broccoli and stir fry until just heated and still slightly raw.
- Add soy sauce and sesame seed oil, stir until liquid is mostly absorbed and vegetables are flavourful. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked vegetables and warm quinoa.
- Toss through baby spinach leaves and chopped fresh coriander just before serving to keep freshness and crunch.
- Serve with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
You can order organic baby spinach and salad mix when in season, along with many other groceries from our webstore.