- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 silverbeet leaves & stems, washed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup sultanas
- Juice of two oranges
- Orange rind of two oranges
- 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted & chopped
- Separate silverbeet leaves from stems. Chop stems. Roughly tear leaves.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and silverbeet stems. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until stems are just tender.
- Add sultanas, orange juice and orange rind. Stir to combine.
- Add leaves. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with almonds. Serve.
You can order organic oranges and silverbeet when in season, along with many other groceries from our webstore.
Very yummy thank you. I changed it a little though – I added some burghul (to make a complete protein and soak up excess orange juice)which was nice. Some roast pumpkin goes well with it as well 🙂
Great. Food Innovation. We love it!
I love it!! But it’s a bit too sour with the orange juice
If the oranges are a little too tart, you might like to try adding some more sultanas or even a little honey to take the edge off.