4 carrots, peeled
1 beetroot, peeled
½ a small celeriac, peeled (can substitute with celery or radishes)
500g red and white cabbage, outer leaves removed
1 shallot, peeled
1 lemon, juiced
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bulb fennel, trimmed
A handful of fresh soft herbs (use mint, fennel, dill and/or parsley), leaves picked and chopped
A Jamie Oliver favourite, Winter Coleslaw is a colourful, tasty and easy way of getting the freshest local seasonal veggies into your lunch box.
- Shred your choice of vegetables – carrots, fennel, radishes, beetroot, turnip or celeriac. Put the veg into a mixing bowl.
- Slice the cabbage and shallot as finely as you can and add to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add half the lemon juice, a generous serve of extra virgin olive oil, yoghurt, mustard, and chopped herbs (optional).
- Pour dressing over veg and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and the rest of the lemon juice if required.