1kg unpeeled (450g peeled) broadbeans
100g Meredith Chevre (Plain) or ripe avocado (vegan option)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
80ml olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil to drizzle
Salt and pepper to taste
Broad bean and mint dip is a deliciously fresh and protein-rich dip that can be made with goat’s cheese (vegetarian) or avocado (vegan).
- Take the beans out of their pods. Place broad beans in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water for five or so minutes. In batches (one handful at a time), scoop broad beans out and peel their skins off. Discard the skins.
- Cook the naked broad beans in a pot of boiling water for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain and cool under running water momentarily.
- In a food processor or with a handheld blender, process the broad beans, lemon juice, garlic, and goat’s cheese or avocado (vegan option). Then with the processor still going, add the olive oil in a steady stream until the dip is smooth, then add the mint and blend well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and then transfer to a serving bowl and decorate with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and/or paprika.
- Serve your broad bean and mint dip with blanched vegetables for dipping or nice flat bread, toasted and cut into triangles.